VH-DHH (c/n 04499)
De Havilland DH.104 Dove
Manufactured in 1958, this particular aircraft was purchased as an Aerial Medical aircraft for the Northern Territory. This it did for its entire working life of 21 years. During this time, it served throughout the Northern Territory with quiet distinction, transporting Medical Staff to stations and settlements on regular Medical runs. In additional requests for medical emergencies were continually being met.
The Museum acquired VH-DHH via the CSIRO, who donated the aircraft when their need of it as a spares airframe was fulfilled.
The aircraft is dedicated to the memory of ‘Doc Fenton’ - the Northern Territory’s first ‘Flying Doctor’.
Engine: 2 x 380HP DH Gypsy Queen 6 cylinder Supercharged
Wingspan: 17.37m / 57’
Length: 12m / 39’4”
Performance: Cruising Speed 288km/h / 179mi/h
Capacity: 2 Crew, plus 9 passengers, or 6 passengers and a stretcher