Manufactured in 1941, The Percival Proctor on display was acquired to represent the Percival Vega Gull used by Eddie Connellan, the founder of Connellan AIrways, to operate the first Mail Run for stations between Alice Springs and Wyndham in August, 1939.
The Proctor was a military version of the Vega Gull. VH-AVG was flown to Australia from the U.K in 1955 by Jack Williams, then purchased and flown by Mr K. Treloar of Olary, South Australia, until it was deemed non-airworthy in 1966 due to glue deterioration. The aircraft was acquired for the Museum in 1985 with a grant from the Northern Territory Government.
Engine: 1 x 208HP DH Gypsy Queen 2, 6 cylinder
Wingspan: 12m / 39’5”
Length: 8.6m / 28’
Performance: Cruising Speed 235km/h / 146mi/h
Capacity: Pilot and 2 passengers